This watermelon cucumber basil lemonade recipe is a perfectly refreshing summer drink recipe. Made with simple ingredients and no added sugar! Add vodka, tequila or gin to make it a watermelon cucumber cocktail!
This watermelon cucumber lemonade has been my saving grace this summer.
Being pregnant makes me a tinnyy bit drink-envious when everyone’s got their cool, refreshing cocktails by the pool and I’m sipping on some boring soda water…
Well not anymore because I found my new favorite summer drink…watermelon cucumber basil lemonade.
Super refreshing, easy to make and there’s no added sugar!!!
Pshh, ya’ll can have your sugary long island ice teas while I sip on this deliciousness ;).
I like to make a big container of this watermelon drink at the beginning of the week so I have it nice and cold out of my fridge all week long.
What you need to make watermelon cucumber basil lemonade:
- fresh watermelon
- fresh basil
- fresh ginger (optional)
- soda water (optional)
Equipment needed for this watermelon cucumber drink recipe:
- blender or food processor
- fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth
How to make watermelon lemonade:
- Place cubed watermelon, cucumber, basil, and lemon juice in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a fine mesh strainer placed over a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to guide the liquid into the bowl. Discard the pulp.
- Pour over ice and top with soda water if desired.
Make this watermelon cucumber basil lemonade into a cocktail!
Simply add 2 oz of your favorite liquor to the watermelon cucumber basil lemonade for a delicious cocktail.
Adding tequila and some triple sec will make a tasty watermelon cucumber margarita!
Or try adding vodka and a dash of elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain) for a watermelon cucumber martini.
This fresh watermelon cucumber drink will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
If you have leftover watermelon but aren’t quite ready to make a drink out of it, simply place the cut up watermelon in a large zip lock bag and store in the freezer for up to 1 year!
You can even use the frozen watermelon for a frozen version of this drink recipe.
For more drink recipes try:
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 medium lemons)
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- soda water for topping (optional)
- Place watermelon, cucumber, basil, lemon juice and ginger (if using) in blender or food processor. Pulse until fully blended.
- Pour mixture over fine mesh strainer (or cheese cloth). Use a wooden spoon to help push the liquid through the strainer. Work in batches if needed. Discard the pulp.
- Pour strained liquid over ice and top with soda water. Garnish with cucumber slice and watermelon wedge if desired.
For cocktail version: add 2 ounces of your favorite liquor to 6-8 ounces of watermelon cucumber lemonade.
For frozen version: place watermelon cubes and cucumber in a zip lock bag and place in freezer for at least 2 hours before blending.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g