Stuffed Pork Chops with Spinach & Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (to support my tea drinking habit) if you click a link and buy something. Please check out my full DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Baked stuffed pork chops with spinach & cheese are breaded with panko and baked in the oven until crispy for an easy family dinner.
Pork always gets a bad rep.
Yes, it can be dry, boring and flavorless as with any meat, but cooked the right way it can be juicy and delicious. Plus, it’s inexpensive so it’s the perfect dinner for families.
These easy boneless pork chops are stuffed with fresh spinach, cream cheese and mozzarella, then brushed with a honey balsamic Dijon glaze and breaded with panko. They’re pan seared until golden, then finished in the oven until the cheese is melted to perfection.
Crispy, juicy, creamy and oh so flavorful!
If you’re not a pork fan, you’ve got to give it one more shot with this recipe before you ban it for eternity.
To make these breaded & baked stuffed pork chops with spinach & cheese:
- Make the spinach and cheese filling by combining cooked spinach, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Cut a slit in the side of each pork chop and fill with the spinach and cheese filling. Secure with 2-3 toothpicks.
- Brush each side of the pork with the honey balsamic Dijon glaze then coat evenly with panko.
- Pan sear the pork chops in olive oil on both sides until the crust is golden brown. Transfer to a baking dish and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
The honey balsamic glaze gives the pork flavor, while also ensuring the panko sticks.
By pan searing the stuffed pork chops, we’re sealing in the juices keeping the pork moist when baked in the oven
For these oven baked stuffed pork chops you will need:
- Fresh Spinach
- Cheeses (cream cheese + shredded mozzarella)
- Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
- Dijon Mustard
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Panko Bread Crumbs
If you’re still not into the pork, you can substitute boneless chicken breasts for this recipe.
Also, you can use any cheese you’d like such as goat cheese, ricotta, or other soft creamy cheese!
What to serve with pork chops?
- Rice pilaf, quinoa or other grain
- Roasted Green Beans
- Simple side Salad
For more easy family dinners try:
Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Spinach & Cheese
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning divided
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1.5-2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 Bag Spinach
- 6 Boneless Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1 tsp of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl mix together remaining 1 tsp of Italian seasoning, Dijon, balsamic and honey, set aside. Place panko in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in oven proof skillet or cast iron pan. Add garlic and spinach, and cook until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Add spinach to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Cut a slit in the side of each pork chop to create a “pocket” for stuffing. You want to cut deep enough to fill, but don’t go all the way through. Fill each pork chop with about ¼ cup of the spinach mixture. Secure with about 2-3 toothpicks so the stuffing doesn’t fall out.
- Brush both sides of pork with the balsamic Dijon mixture and then place in bowl with panko. Coat all sides of the pork, repeat with remaining pork chops.
- In the same pan you cooked the spinach in, heat remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add breaded pork chops and sear for 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Place in oven safe baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until inside temperature reads 145 degrees.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.