These matcha jalepeno margaritas have just the right amount of spicy and sweet. Made with matcha powder, a hint of cucumber, lemon and of course tequila!
I’m a sucker for a good margarita. Actually just a sucker for good tequila if we’re really being honest ;).
These matcha jalepeno margaritas are one of my favorite sweet and spicy margarita recipes.
Matcha powder and cucumber balances the spicy jalepeno for one refreshingly good margarita.
Make a pitcher full or just enjoy one (or two!). Either way, you’ll be floating away in Margaritaville ;).
Once baby Lang is born, I can’t wait to sip on one of these spicy margaritas. Being pregnant in the summer is no fun when all you want is an ice cold salted rimmed tequila filled cocktail!
Speaking of baby Lang we have 9 weeks to go! I really don’t know where the time went. I know everyone says time flies but this time REALLY flew.
P.S. When I made these margartas I tested out a mocktail version for myself by substituting the tequila and fresh lemon juice with just lemonade. It was still delicious and satisfied my margarita craving :).
I’ve included this mocktail version in the recipe notes at the bottom.
Spicy matcha margarita ingredients:
- Zulay matcha powder
- fresh lemon juice
- honey (or agave)
- orange juice
Let’s talk matcha powder. If you’re not familiar with it, matcha is a concentrated green tea powder made from dried green tea leaves.
It’s PACKED with green tea flavor and antioxidants.
Plus, the color is so vibrant and beautiful!
Matcha is slightly bitter and earthy but when paired with cool cucumber, spicy jalepeno, honey and tequila, it makes one delicious drink.
It’s also amazing in lattes or baked goods.
How to make matcha jalepeno margaritas:
- In a food processor or blender, combine cucumber, jalepeno, matcha powder, lemon juice and honey. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture over a strainer into a pitcher. Using a wooden spoon, push liquid through strainer. Discard the pulp.
- To the pitcher add orange juice and tequila. Stir well.
- Pour over ice into salt rimmed glasses (if desired).
I think these margaritas have the perfect amount of spice to them. If you’re more sensitive to spicy, start with half of a jalepeno first. You can always amp up the spicy by adding more!
To make these green tea margaritas frozen simply blend with a handful of ice!
For a mocktail version simply omit the lemon juice and tequila and substitute with lemonade (see recipe notes below).
For more cocktail recipes try:
- Blackberry Rosemary Whiskey Smash
- Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mule
- Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka
- Watermelon Cucumber Basil Lemonade
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 1 jalepeno, stem and seeds removed
- 1.5 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup tequila (I prefer silver)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- lemon wedge & salt for rimmed glasses
- In food processor or blender, combine cucumber, jalepeno, matcha powder, lemon juice and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over a strainer into a pitcher. Use a wooden spoon to push the liquid out (you may have to work in batches depending how big your strainer is). Discard the pulp.
- To the pitcher add tequila and orange juice. Stir well to combine.
- Pour over ice into salt-rimmed glasses (optional).
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, lemon and jalepeno (optional).
*For mocktail version: omit lemon juice and tequila. Add 1.5 cups of lemonade instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g