Easy, DIY lemon lavender infused vodka makes a refreshing Spring or Summer cocktail. Try it in a lemon lavender Moscow mule or sparkling lemon lavender lemonade!
Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka is the perfect way to relax outside now that the warmer weather is coming.
This easy, homemade infused vodka is made with dried lavender buds and fresh lemon peel.
It’s the perfect floral, fruity and minty vodka recipe and goes GREAT with lemonade (maybe a little too great ‘cause you can barely taste the alcohol when you’re sipping on it!).
I made a Moscow mule and a sparkling lemonade for John and I to taste test while we were doing yard work the other day.
I can safely say these cocktails hit the spot and made us feel very relaxed 😉 we ended up sitting by the fire instead of finishing our yard work…oh well, taste testing was wayyy more important!
To make your own infused vodka all you need is:
- Vodka-you don’t have to get the top shelf stuff but I wouldn’t use the cheap stuff either. Anywhere in the middle is good.
- Fruit, Vegetable, Herbs, etc- in this case we’re using dried lavender buds and lemon peels
- A glass jar or container for storing the vodka that has a nice airtight lid. A mason jar or even leftover 1 liter vodka bottle works great.
How long do you infuse your alcohol for?
It depends what you’re using to infuse it with. For something stronger such as lavender, I would suggest taste testing it after 1 day and seeing if the flavor is to your liking.
For something more delicate and mild such as vanilla bean or apple, it can 3-5 days or even up to a week or so to really absorb that flavor. Again, I would suggest taste testing it every day or so to see where the flavor is at.
Does infused vodka need to be refrigerated?
Since the vodka acts as a preserver, bacteria will only form if the infused substance isn't fully submerged, so technically it does not need to be refrigerated as long as it's in a cool, dry place.
After my liquor is infused to my liking, I strain out my fruit, herbs, etc. this way there is no chance of bacteria forming and the flavor isn't too overpowering.
I made two different cocktail recipes to go with this DIY lemon lavender infused vodka:
- Lemon Lavender Moscow Mule-lemon lavender vodka, ginger beer and fresh lemon
- Sparkling Lavender Lemonade-lemon lavender vodka, lemonade, club soda and fresh lemon.
Honestly, both were very refreshing, bright and tasteful.
It was hard to choose between just one so of course I had both ;)…hey, no judgement it was Saturday!
If you’re not into vodka and are more of a whiskey drinker (my kind of person!), check out my DIY Infused Whiskey.
I have a recipe for apple cinnamon, coffee, lemon ginger, and chai spice. They make awesome gifts that are cheap and easy. Win, win.
Infused vodka is easy to make at home and gives you natural tasting flavored vodka.
This lemon lavender infused vodka is perfect for sipping on the rocks or in one of my easy cocktail recipes below!
Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka (Makes about 16oz=8 servings)
- 2 tsp Dried Lavender Buds
- Lemon Peel from 1 Lemon, cut into strips
- 16 oz Vodka, 2 cups
Lemon Lavender Moscow Mules (Serves 1)
- 2 oz. Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka
- 6 oz. Ginger Beer
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon
- Twist of lemon for garnish
Sparkling Lavender Lemonade (Serves 1)
- 2 oz. Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka
- 4 oz. Lemonade
- 2 oz. Seltzer Water, club soda
- Fresh Lemon, for garnish
Lemon Lavender Infused Vodka:
- Place the lavender and lemon peels in an airtight glass jar/container such as a mason jar or a clean used 1L vodka bottle. Pour vodka into the container and cover.
- Let sit for at least 3 days and up to 1 week. (Shake the bottle every day or so to release the flavors in the lavender and lemon.)
Lemon Lavender Moscow Mules:
- Place ice in a Moscow mule mug or regular 8oz glass. Pour lemon lavender vodka over the ice and top with ginger beer.
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon juice and give it a quick stir. Serve with a slice of lemon.
Sparking Lemon Lavender Lemonade:
- Place ice in 8 oz. glass. Add lemon lavender vodka and lemonade. Top with club soda. Give it a quick stir and garnish with lemon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g