These Trader Joe’s sweet corn ravioli are paired with a browned butter lemon sauce, summer squash, mozzarella and basil for a quick and easy summer dinner. Regular cheese ravioli will work too!
Oh Trader Joe’s, you’ve done it again.
First it was the cauliflower gnocchi obsession, then the Dark russet potato chips and now your delicious sweet corn, burrata & basil ravioli.
I bought these Trader Joe’s sweet corn ravioli on a whim, not really sure what to do with them and definitely not expecting to make a blog worthy post with them.
I paired the corn ravioli with a browned butter lemon sauce with some zucchini, fresh mozzarella and toasted walnuts.
Guys…my husband LOVED them. Could not stop raving about them. So I thought if John liked them, I better make this into a blog post since they’re that good ;).
And aside from these corn ravioli being delicious, it’s a quick and easy vegetarian dinner, perfect for summer. Light, cheesy, buttery and a little crunchy…all the right things.
Sweet Corn Ravioli Ingredients:
- Trader Joe’s sweet corn ravioli (if you can’t find them, regular ravioli will work too!)
- yellow onion
- fresh corn
- zucchini and/or yellow squash
- toasted nuts (walnuts or pine nuts)
- fresh mozzarella or burrata cheese
How to make the brown lemon butter sauce for the corn ravioli:
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan. Keep melting until it starts and foam and turn brown (not burn!).
- Add onion, zucchini, garlic and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are slightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, basil, nuts and mozzarella. Add about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Add more if needed.
- Toss sauce over ravioli and serve with more fresh basil if desired.
As mentioned earlier if you don’t have access to the Trader Joe’s sweet corn ravioli, regular cheese ravioli will work just as well!
You can use regular canned sweet corn just make sure you drain it first.
This dish is perfect for a quick summer dinner. You can even make the lemon brown butter sauce a day ahead if you’d like.
If you’re not watching carbs, a nice chunk of crusty bread goes well to mop up those delicious juices 😉 and a glass of white wine (of course!)
For more easy summer dinners try:
- Hasselback Peach Caprese Chicken
- Grilled Steak Tips with Chimichurri
- Grilled Mango Chicken Kabobs
- Creamy Pasta with Sausage & Zucchini
- 8 oz Trader Joe's Sweet Corn Ravioli (or any ravioli you'd like!)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn (or drained and rinsed canned corn)
- 2 cups summer squash, diced (I used zucchini and yellow squash)
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Parmesan cheese (for serving, optional)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue melting until it starts to foam and you see brown specks. It should be golden with a nutty aroma.
- Once butter is browned, add corn, zucchini, onion and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Stir in lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are slightly golden brown and caramelized (about 25-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining. Drain (toss with olive oil to prevent sticking) and set aside.
- Once veggies are browned, add basil, mozzarella and walnuts. Cook 1 minute or until mozzarella is melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. If needed, add additional 1/4 cup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over ravioli with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and lemon if desired.
*Use any type of ravioli you'd like!
*Simply omit the walnuts if needed.
*Summer squash and corn sauce can be made a day ahead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 13g