These marinated grilled steak tips with chimichurri sauce are a deliciously easy grilling recipe your family will love! These Sirloin steak tips are juicy, healthy and full of flavor.
Nothing like a tender, juicy grilled steak in the summer with a nice cold beer.
If I could only choose one cut of steak, I’d choose sirloin steak tips every time.
They’re hard to mess up especially if you have the right marinade.
And boy oh boy, do I have a delicious marinated steak tip recipe for ya’ll!.
These bad boys are marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
The sirloin steak tips get grilled to juicy perfection, then topped with a quick and easy 5 minute chimichurri sauce made with cilantro & parsley.
These steak tips are super quick and easy making them one of my family’s favorite grilling recipes :).
Grilled Steak Tip Marinade:
- brown sugar
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- grated ginger
- olive oil
- lime juice
The marinade ingredients gets combined together then poured over the steak tips and allowed to marinate for at least 1 hour.
I like to marinate my steak overnight to ensure maximum flavor :).
How do you grill the perfect steak tips?
- Take your steaks out of the refrigerator and let come to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking. This ensures even cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. You want that “sizzle” sound when you place the steaks on!
- Let cook undisturbed for 6-7 minutes per side (for medium-rare).
- Remove from grill and let rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before cutting into. This will let the juices soak in, keeping your steak nice and juicy!
You may find “chuck” steak tips and “sirloin” steak tips in your grocery store.
The sirloin tips will usually be more expensive (unless you can get them on sale!) but I think they’re worth the extra money because they’re always juicy and tender.
Cilantro Chimichurri Ingredients:
- fresh cilantro
- fresh parsley
- red or yellow onion
- red wine vinegar
- lime juice
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Simply blend all ingredients together and store in air tight container or small jar.
Aside from these grilled steak tips, the cilantro chimichurri sauce can be used on fish, chicken or grilled vegetables!
Cilantro chimichurri can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
You may have leftover sauce after using it on your steak tips which I look forward to because I could literally use it on anything (yes, even my scrambled eggs!).
What to serve with Grilled Steak Tips with Chimichurri?
My husband John could literally have steak tips every day of the week. We usually buy them in bulk and freeze them so I have them to marinate for his lunches (yes, he is a spoiled man!).
These steak tip recipe was a good switch up from his typical weekly steak tip sandwiches ;).
For more easy grilling recipes try:
- Pesto Quinoa with Balsamic Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto
- Grilled Apricot BBQ Bourbon Chicken Thighs
- Easy Summer Squash Grilled Pizza
For the Steak Marinade:
- 2 lbs sirloin steak tips
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon onion (red or white)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Marinate the steak tips: place steak tips in large zip lock bag or bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl mix together remaining marinade ingredients. Pour over steak and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Make the cilantro chimichurri: in a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients for chimichurri sauce. Set aside or store in condiment jar/air tight container.
- Grill Steaks: preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and place steak tips directly on grates. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired temperature.
- Remove steaks from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes before cutting into.
- Spoon chimichurri sauce over steak and serve.
*Chimichurri sauce will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Use any leftover sauce on fish, chicken or veggies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 890mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 49g