This glazed lemon zucchini bread recipe is super moist and easy to make Made with yogurt, olive oil and a hint of thyme it’s full of flavor!
Zucchini, zucchini, zucchini.
Everyone’s bragging about all the zucchini they have growing in their gardens and I got to say, I’m a tad bit jealous.
I planted my first garden at our new house this year and only 1 of my 3 zucchini plants are semi taking off.
I did finally spot a small zucchini sticking out of the side so maybe there is still hope!
Even if I don’t get an abundance of zucchini, I’ll still be happy to get it fresh at the farm down the street so I can cook/bake up a zucchini storm.
This lemon zucchini bread is a must-try if you have a ton of zucchini you don’t know what to do with.
It’s moist, flavorful and super easy!
The lemon zucchini bread is made with olive oil and yogurt for extra flavor and then it gets topped with a luscious lemon glaze.
I added some fresh thyme (because that I do have an abundance of!) to the zucchini bread and it gives just a subtle lemony minty flavor that pairs great with the fresh lemon zest and olive oil.
Ingredients in lemon zucchini bread:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- granulated + brown sugars
- olive oil (or any kind of oil)
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- grated zucchini
How to make glazed lemon zucchini bread
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and thyme.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugars and olive oil. Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest and vanilla extract. Mix in Greek yogurt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently fold until almost fully combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and repeat.
- Gently fold in grated zucchini.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack and run a butter knife along the edges. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and fully cool on rack.
- Glaze once completely cooled.
Zucchini bread recipe FAQ:
- Should you peel the zucchini?
- I prefer seeing the green specks in my zucchini bread but if you feel like you don’t like the skin, yes you can peel the zucchini.
- Why did my zucchini bread sink in the middle?
- If your bread sunk in the middle it means it may be under cooked or it sat out too long before being placed in the oven.
- Why is my zucchini bread dry?
- This recipe has a lot of moisture in it ensuring your bread does not end up dry. If for some reason it does end up dry it could mean you over baked it or over mixed the batter.
For more zucchini recipes try:
- Creamy Pasta with Sausage & Zucchini
- Creamy Lemon Summer Squash Risotto
- Easy Summer Squash Grilled Pizza
- Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto
- Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Fish
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or full-fat yogurt/sour cream)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9x5" or 8x4" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and thyme. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugars and olive oil until fully combined and smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. Whisk until combined.
- Mix in Greek yogurt. Whisk just until combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture and gently fold just until combined then add remaining half and repeat.
- Fold in zucchini and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack. Using a butter knife, run along edges to release from pan. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing loaf from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of cream (or milk). Whisk until smooth without lumps. Add more cream if needed.
- Once zucchini bread has completely cooled, glaze the top of the loaf letting it drip down the sides.
*Zucchini bread will keep 2-3 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator tightly wrapped or stored in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 7g