Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Fish with Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (to support my tea drinking habit) if you click a link and buy something. Please check out my full DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Easy lemon garlic foil packet fish is made with white fish, broccoli & cannellini beans and can be grilled or baked for a healthy family dinner recipe.
I gotta say, foil packets may be my new favorite dinner recipe.
They’re quick, easy and barely any cleanup….heck to the yeahhhhh.
Foil packet lemon garlic fish is made with white fish that’s placed over a bed of broccoli, squash and cannellini beans. It’s topped with a mouthwatering, simple lemon garlic butter sauce.
These easy fish foil packets for the grill or for the oven make a healthy summer dinner recipe or year-round recipe.
I love how flavorful this dish is. The foil packets lock in all the steam and moisture, keeping the fish moist while sealing in all that yummy flavor. Definitely no bland dry fish here.
How to make lemon garlic fish in foil with vegetables:
- Prepare your foil packets by tearing enough foil to fit your fish and vegetables in the middle with about 3” along the sides to fold together (my packets are around 12” long).
- Place your veggies, then fish in the middle of the foil packet, and top with seasonings and in this recipe, our lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Seal each packet by bringing the two edges towards the middle and pressing together to seal tightly.
- If grilling, preheat grill to medium-high heat, then add your prepared foil packets. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the fish is flaky and vegetables tender.
- If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place prepared foil packets on a sheet pan or baking dish and place in the oven. Cook 30 minutes or until fish is flaky and vegetables are tender.
The great thing about this foil packet lemon garlic fish is that it can be prepared a day or two in advance so you just have to pop the packets in the oven or on the grill and you have a complete dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
You also can switch up what vegetables you use, such as:
I like using cod for my foil packet recipe because it’s light and mild flavored, pairing perfectly with the lemon garlic butter sauce.
Some other white fish you can use for your foil packets are:
Swordfish (you will need to adjust the cooking time longer)
This is one of our favorite healthy fish recipes that’s full of flavor and easy to make.
My grilled fish in foil is cooked in a delicious and easy lemon garlic butter sauce. It’s made with a little bit of Dijon mustard, lots of garlic, butter, fresh lemon and fresh basil. It makes this fish perfectly moist and tasty.
Cannellini beans are added for fiber and extra protein. Plus, I love how buttery and creamy they are. If you’re not a fan of beans you can skip them all together.
What to serve with lemon garlic foil packet fish dinner?
- Fresh sauteed spinach
- Garden Salad
- Brown Rice Pilaf
For some other easy & healthy foil pack dinners try:
Lemon Garlic Foil Packet Fish with Broccoli
- 1 Head of Broccoli cut into florets
- 2 Yellow Squash sliced
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini Beans rinsed and drained
- 4 Cod Filets or other white fish
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 6 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil or 1 tsp Dried
- Prepare foil packets by tearing 4 pieces of aluminum foil that are about 8-9” long. Fold up the sides to create a pocket and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the sliced zucchini, broccoli and cannellini beans in the four foil packets. Pat dry the white fish with paper towel. Lay each piece of fish on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place butter and garlic in small sauce pan. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Stir in Dijon mustard, lemon juice and fresh basil.
- Evenly spoon butter sauce into each of the four foil packets. Stir the veggies to coat. Seal the foil packets together so there are no openings.
- If grilling: preheat grill on medium heat. Add foil packets and cook, 25-30 minutes until veggies are tender and fish is flaky.
- If baking: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place foil packets on baking sheet and cook 30-35 minutes or until veggies are tender and fish and flaky.
- Serve with lemon wedge and garnish with more fresh basil if desired.