Hasselback peach caprese chicken is stuffed with mozzarella, peaches & basil, baked in the oven and drizzled with balsamic for an easy low carb dinner.
Something about juicy peaches paired with basil and balsamic in the summer is absolutely delicious.
This easy Hasselback peach caprese chicken is stuffed with juicy peach slices, fresh basil leaves and creamy mozzarella. It’s baked in the oven and drizzled with balsamic glaze for a low carb, healthy dinner that’s also Keto approved.
A deliciously simple summer dinner recipe :).
We’re at the 55-day mark for the wedding. HOLY COW how did that happen?
Trying to get all those Pinterest projects done, wedding invitations and all that other good stuff.
I’m also buckling down and trying to be as healthy as possible so I can feel good in my wedding dress, but it’s so hard when I’m taste testing cupcake and pie recipes…
Cue this Hasselback peach caprese chicken: it’s a low carb, clean eating recipe that doesn’t sacrifice flavor.
How to make hasselback peach caprese chicken?
Marinate the chicken breasts in an easy balsamic marinade for at least an hour or overnight.
Once the chicken is marinated, make slits in each chicken breast. Use a small paring knife to make a horizontal slit about ¾ of the way through the chicken. Be careful not to go all the way through. Depending on the size of your chicken, you’ll need about 4-5 slits per breast.
Stuff each slit with 1 slice of peach, piece of mozzarella and a fresh basil leaf. Repeat with each slit on each piece of chicken.
Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze and extra fresh basil and serve.
Hasselback caprese chicken can be prepared up to 1 day before and baked the next day. If you want the mozzarella cheese a little golden brown, you can turn the broiler on and bake for 1-2 minutes.
Aside from being quick and easy, this healthy stuffed caprese chicken is keto approved and low carb.
Perfect for someone like me trying to stay healthy and fit for their first wedding dress fitting (eeeekkkk)
What to serve with oven baked stuffed caprese chicken?
- Caprese Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Vegetables
- Balsamic Zoodles
Looking for more Hasselback chicken recipes?
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of Half Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Peaches, pitted and cut into thin slices (peeled if desired)
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, cut into thin slices
- ½ cup Fresh Basil, about 20 leaves
- Balsamic Glaze, for serving
- Place chicken breasts in a large zip lock bag. In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dried basil, and garlic. Pour over chicken and let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet or large baking dish with parchment paper (or aluminum foil), set aside.
- Remove marinated chicken and place on cutting board. Using a small paring knife, make slits horizontally in each chicken, being careful not to go all the way through. You should have 4-5 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each slit with a peach slice, piece of mozzarella, and a basil leaf. Repeat with remaining slits on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until temperature on thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Serve warm with balsamic drizzle and extra basil on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g