This easy summer panzanella salad with peaches is made with buttery Italian bread, juicy tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, fresh basil and balsamic vinaigrette. It's a simple, colorful summer side dish!
Summer panzanella salad is like a fancier upgraded version of caprese salad.
I mean it's salad with bread, two things that go perfect together :).
This peach tomato panzanella salad has all those fresh summer ingredients like juicy tomatoes, peaches, cucumber, fresh mozzarella & basil all tossed together with buttery chunks of crusty bread and balsamic dressing.
If you're one of those people who love a nice thick hunk of crusty bread to soak up the leftover dressing from your salad, this is the recipe for you.
It's the perfect summer salad if I do say so myself…Enjoy it with a glass of wine and pretend your floating away on a gondola in Italy ;).
Panzanella salad with peaches has become my new summer anthem. Anytime I need to go to a BBQ, cookout or need an easy side dish, this is my go to.
Ingredients for summer panzanella salad with peaches:
- crusty bread (the more stale the better!)
- melted butter
- tomatoes (cherry or grape)
- red onion
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
- lemon juice
- olive oil
This summer panzanella salad recipe is made with the traditional tuscan chopped salad ingredients but with the addition of juicy peaches and chunks of fresh mozzarella cheese :).
The bread is really the star ingredient if you ask me.
You’ll want to use bread that is stale and crusty so it holds it shape and doesn’t become too soggy in the salad (ex: ciabatta, sourdough, country loaf).
How to make this summer peach panzanella salad recipe:
- Toss the chunks of bread in melted butter and spread out onto baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden and crispy.
- In a large serving bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, peaches, onion, mozzarella, basil & parsley.
- In a small bowl or mason jar combine dressing ingredients: balsamic, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice & zest, salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, toss the bread into the salad and drizzle dressing on top. Toss everything together and enjoy!
This panzanella salad is really so easy and quick making it the perfect summer salad for lunch, dinner or a last minute summer cookout recipe.
I love the addition of the peaches in this version of panzanella salad because they add a little sweetness, balancing out the acidity from the tomatoes and balsamic.
What goes with panzanella salad?
- Grilled Apricot Bourbon BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Grilled shrimp or salmon
- Panzanella salad pairs well with a white, slightly fruity & acidic wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
For more easy summer side dishes try:
- Summer Squash Lemon Risotto
- Summer Melon Salad with Prosciutto & Mint-Basil Pesto
- Pesto Quinoa with Balsamic Grilled Peaches
- 1 Loaf of Crusty Bread, such as Ciabatta or Sourdough, cut into 1" cubes
- 5 tbsp Butter, melted
- Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Red Onion, thinly sliced (about ¼ onion)
- 2 Peaches, cut into 1" chunks (peeling optional)
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest, about ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubes of bread in a large bowl, pour melted butter on top and toss to coat evenly, spread out onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl (you can use the same one you used for the bread), add tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, peaches and mozzarella. Add in toasted bread and dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with basil and parsley and serve immediately
*To make ahead, prepare all ingredients keeping the bread separate from other ingredients until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 670Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1370mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 21g