Low carb Mexican cauliflower rice bowls are a healthy & easy dinner recipe. Made with black beans and ground meat, they’re perfect for meal prep too!
Well guys, I’ve joined the cauliflower rice cult that has seemed to taken over the foodie world.
I mean, low carb, healthy, easy, andddd tastes good??? It’s almost too good to be true, right? WRONG.
Seriously though, I’m beginning to fall in love with cauliflower rice more and more every time I cook with it. Once you know how to flavor it the right way, it’s a delicious low carb alternative and super easy to make yourself.
These easy and low carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls are so yummy I could probably make them once a week and never get sick of them…oh, and by the way, did I mention they’re totally KETO FRIENDLY? (if you minus the black beans and sour cream).
Easy, healthy, low carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice…that’s what’s up on Taco Tuesday (or taco any day)..Ya feel me?
With added veggies, black beans, cheese and fire roasted tomatoes, it’s flavor and protein packed.
These low carb mexican cauliflower rice bowls are perfect for meal prep too. You can make them ahead and store in individual containers for lunch or dinner!
You can certainly buy riced cauliflower in the grocery store but feel free to try making it yourself. You can always freeze any leftovers for future dinners.
How to make cauliflower rice:
To rice the cauliflower, place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
If you don’t own a food processor, go out and buy one ASAP. Just kidding.(no but really add it to your Christmas list cause they’re such a time saver for TONS of recipes).
You could grate the cauliflower with a box grater, however this takes a lot more time than the food processor and you end up with little cauliflower pieces all over your kitchen. It’s not the most practical but it’ll do.
How many cups of Cauliflower Rice does one head of cauliflower make?
About 4 cups of cauliflower rice
Can I freeze cauliflower rice?
Yes! Store uncooked cauliflower rice in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 6 months. Defrost and drain out excess liquid before cooking.
How many Carbs/Calories are there in cauliflower rice?
Cauliflower rice has about 5 grams of carbs (3 net carbs) and 25 calories per cup.
A few notes for making these easy low carb cauliflower rice bowls:
- If you’re like “EW gross” about the cauliflower you can substitute with quinoa, brown rice, etc. Just be aware this will add more carbs!
- You don’t need to follow this recipe exactly. Feel free to mix it up and add other veggies/types of beans/meat or meatless etc. based on your diet/needs.
- For a chipotle cream sauce, simply blend together 1 tbsp of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce and 1/2 cup of sour cream (or Greek yogurt). Serve a spoonful on top of your cauliflower rice bowls.
- This recipe can easily be converted to Keto friendly by excluding the black beans and sour cream.
For some more deliciously easy cauliflower rice recipes check out:
Easy Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 lb Lean Ground Meat beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 TBS Taco Seasoning divided, recipe link in notes
- 2 TBS Olive Oil divided
- 1 medium Yellow or Red Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Bell Peppers diced
- 2 Zucchini diced
- 4 cups Riced Cauliflower about 1 head, see recipe notes below
- 1 15oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed (exclude for Keto version)
- 1 14.5oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 Lime plus more for serving
- 1 Avocado diced (optional)
- Shredded cheese for serving (optional)
- Greek Yogurt for serving (optional)
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add ground meat and cook, breaking up with spatula until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in 1 TBS taco seasoning. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Return pan back to stove on medium heat with olive oil. Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and zucchini. Cook until veggies are softened about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in your riced cauliflower along with black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and remaining 1 TBS Mexican seasoning. Cook additional 3-4 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve in bowls, topped with avocado, cheese and Greek yogurt (if desired).