Cheesy BBQ chicken & broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is made with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese for an easy, low carb dinner.
Okay, so I know every time I post a cauliflower rice recipe I say it’s my favorite, but can you blame me?! THEY”RE SO GOOD…and did I mention low carb???
Cauliflower rice bowls, cauliflower gnocchi, cauliflower rice casseroles…keep ‘em coming.
For all those BBQ lovers out there, this is the perfect low carb cauliflower rice recipe for you.
You know that perfect BBQ chicken pizza that’s drizzled with the perfect amount of BBQ and cheese? Yeah, it’s that good…
BBQ chicken and broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is simple, easy and tasty.
Caramelized onions and cheddar cheese are added for extra delicious flavor.
This cauliflower casserole is good for dinner or lunch meal prep for the week ahead.
To make this easy BBQ chicken and broccoli cauliflower rice casserole:
- Cook chicken tenders until lightly browned and no longer pink. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and sliced red onions and cook until onions are browned and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and cauliflower rice, cover pan and cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite sized, 1” pieces.
- Add chicken, BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese to cauliflower rice and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Transfer to oven safe casserole dish, top with more cheese and bake at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is hot, about 20 minutes.
You can use store bought BBQ sauce or you can make your own. The recipe critic has a delicious recipe for homemade BBQ sauce.
In my Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls post, I have details on how to make your own cauliflower rice if you’ve never done so, check it out!
To make cauliflower rice:
It’s very easy! Just pulse the florets in a food processor until they resemble rice. Depending on how big your food processor is, you may need to work in batches.
How many carbs are in cauliflower rice?
Cauliflower rice has 5 grams of carbs per cup and only 25 calories per cup.
Aside from being quick and easy, this casserole can be made ahead and frozen until ready to use.
Helllooo beautiful make-ahead dinner :).
Anddd, this BBQ chicken cauliflower rice casserole is not just for dinner...It makes a delicious hot lunch meal prep as well. You can make it on Sunday and pack it in containers for the week. Just reheat and you’re good to go.
And of course because we all love minimal cleanup…this BBQ chicken and broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is cooked all in one pan and baked in a casserole dish.
Easy cleanup and you get your protein+veggies+flavor all in one…
Giving me more time for hosing off a muddy Dallas, and mopping my muddy floors…ahh the joys of dog-motherhood ;).
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb. Chicken Tenders
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 2 Heads Broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce, store bought or homemade (recipe in notes)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken to pan and cook 5-7 minutes each side until lightly browned and no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter over medium-low, add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, add to pan with onions along with broccoli florets, cauliflower rice and bbq sauce. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, transfer to casserole dish and cook for 20-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g