Quick and easy, these Asian cauliflower rice stir-fry bowls are made with ground chicken, veggies and homemade teriyaki sauce for a healthy, low carb meal prep recipe.
Cauliflower rice for the win…again.
Can’t stop, won’t stop!
These Asian cauliflower rice stir-fry bowls are yet another easy and healthy cauliflower rice recipe that’s perfect for meal prep.
Make them for lunch or dinner-they’re low carb, flavorful and nutritious!
These cauliflower rice bowls start with a homemade teriyaki sauce.
It’s seriously super quick and easy and tastes delicious! The homemade teriyaki sauce recipe is from Genius Kitchen (I used honey instead of brown sugar). Original recipe here.
Next, we stir fry our veggies and chicken over medium heat in sesame oil:
- Shredded Carrots
- Yellow Onion
- Ground Turkey
- Shredded Green & Purple Cabbage
- Cauliflower Rice
Feel free to add in any other vegetables you’d like such as: mushrooms, bell peppers or even bean sprouts.
Lastly, we pump up the Asian flavor in our stir fry bowls by adding some Hoisin and fish sauce. Both of these ingredients can be easily found in the international section of your grocery store.
Asian Cauliflower Rice bowls are super quick and easy and taste aahhhmazinggg.
Even if you don’t like the taste of cauliflower, when made into rice it absorbs the flavors of the recipe, disguising its typical cauliflower taste.
How to make cauliflower rice:
I find the easiest way to make cauliflower rice is to pulse the florets in my food processor until they resemble rice. I like making a big batch and keeping it in a zip lock bag in my freezer that way I always have it handy.
If you don’t have a food processor you can also grate the cauliflower, however this is a longer (and messier) process.
You can also always buy the cauliflower rice already made in the freezer section at your grocery store.
Cauliflower rice has a carb count of 5 grams per cup and only 25 calories per serving!
This is one of the many reasons cauliflower’s become my new BFF in the kitchen :).
For my other easy, low carb and healthy cauliflower rice bowl recipes try:
For some cheesy, cauliflower rice casserole recipes try:
Asian Cauliflower Rice Stir-fry Bowls
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger grated
Asian Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken or turkey
- 1 head Broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups Shredded Cabbage I used mix of green and purple
- 3 Green Onions sliced thin, white and green parts
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Hoisin Sauce
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Combine cornstarch and water in small measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and add in the cornstarch mixture.
- Turn heat down to low, whisk frequently for 5-7 minutes until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
Asian Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in large sauté pan. Add onions, garlic and carrots and cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, using spoon to break up the meat. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and cauliflower rice, cook 3 minutes.
- Add in the cabbage, green onions and rice wine vinegar. Cook 2 minutes, then add in the teriyaki, hoisin and fish sauce. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with extra green onions and serve with piece of lime and sriacha sauce is desired.