This post is sponsored by Citterio USA. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. This post reflects my honest personal opinion about the product which I think you will love!
Salami & arugula flatbread pizza is made on naan bread, topped with goat cheese, ricotta, & red pepper jelly for an easy appetizer, lunch or dinner.
Salami takes center stage in this deliciously easy flatbread pizza recipe.
Good old salami always gets forgotten or out shadowed by its pepperoni & prosciutto cousins. It’s most commonly used in Italian grinders or in antipasto salad, but I know it’s got wayyy more potential ;).
Naan bread is spread with creamy goat cheese and ricotta, topped with arugula, salami and Italian blended shredded cheese and drizzled with a sweet red pepper jelly.
The salami gets nice and crispy when baked in the oven, giving the pizza the perfect crunch with that delicious sweet and salty combo.
This salami pizza recipe is perfect for a quick appetizer or easy dinner!
What is genoa salami?
Genoa salami is usually made with pork that’s been seasoned with salt, garlic, and peppercorns.
What’s the difference between salami and pepperoni?
Pepperoni is a variety of salami. The main difference is the seasonings. Pepperoni usually has chili or paprika flavoring giving it that redder color and smoky flavor.
It comes thinly sliced in a fresh sealed package. It’s by far my favorite brand of salami (or any Italian meat) because the quality and freshness of the meat really shines.
Checkout their store locator link which makes it easy to find their products wherever you live.
Citterio’s genoa salame is loaded with flavor, making any recipe you use it in delicious and authentic tasting. Plus, they’ve been around since 1878 so they know what they’re doing :).
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t big on salami until I tried Citterio USA, I actually found myself eating slices right from the package while making my pizza.
I’m usually more of a prosciutto kind of girl, but something about the flavor of this salami really makes it stand out. You can taste the difference and quality of their meat compared to other brands.
What toppings are used on the flatbread pizza?
Goat Cheese & Ricotta-a little tangy and a little creamy, these two cheese are the perfect combination.
Arugula-gives the pizza a nice freshness and brightness
Citterio USA Genoa Salami-flavorful, crispy and the saltiness the pizza needs
Shredded Cheese– because pizza can never have too much cheese
Red Pepper Jelly– gives our pizza the sweet savory flavor
The salami gives the pizza that little bit of saltiness that pairs perfectly with the creamy cheeses and sweet red pepper jelly. I love how it gets browned and crispy in the oven, making it melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness.
How to make salami & arugula flatbread pizza:
- In a small bowl combine goat cheese, ricotta, Italian seasoning and garlic. Stir to combine and spread evenly onto your naan (or other flatbread) pizza shell.
- Top with a handful of arugula, shredded cheese and salami slices.
- Drizzle with red pepper jelly, then olive oil.
- Bake at 415 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden. (I like to add more arugula after baking for freshness)
- Slice and serve warm or room temperature.
Red pepper jelly can be found where jelly and jams are in your local supermarket or buy my favorite brand on amazon.
For some more easy pizza recipes try:
Salami & Arugula Flatbread Pizza
- 2 pieces Nann Bread or regular flatbread pizza shell
- 4 oz Goat cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- 1/2 cup Italian Blended Shredded Cheese
- 2 oz Citterio Genoa Salami cut into 1" thin slices
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper Jelly see recipe notes
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto naan bread. Top with arugula (about 1/2 cup on each pizza), shredded cheese, and salami pieces. Drizzle with red pepper jelly.
- Place pizzas on baking sheet or aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.