Healthy shredded Brussels sprout salad with cranberries, pecans, apples, kale & goat cheese is topped with a maple Dijon dressing for an easy fall salad recipe.
Sometimes I get sick of salad…. You ever feel that way?
Just like anything else, ya got to switch it up a bit which is why this shredded Brussels sprout salad is one of my favorite salad recipes.
Raw, shredded Brussels sprouts are mixed with kale, dried cranberries, crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans, and juicy apples then topped with a delicious and easy maple Dijon dressing.
It’s a refreshing change on your typical salad game, just in time for Fall.
It’s got tons of crunchy texture, a hint of sweetness, creaminess and some savory Fall spices.
Speaking of Fall, has anyone already decorated for fall? I’m itching to take my fall decorations out but feel like 75-degree weather may still be a tad bit early.
Then again, it’s never too early for Fall right ;)?
How do you shave or shred Brussel sprouts?
My favorite way is to cut the ends off of the Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half and add to your food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
You can also use a mandolin to finely shave the Brussels sprouts.
If you don’t have a food processor or mandolin you can also cut them using a sharp knife. Cut the ends off and cut very finely so you have thin slices of Brussels sprouts.
How to make shredded Brussels sprout salad with cranberries:
- Place raw, shredded Brussels sprouts and kale in a large bowl.
- Add in toasted pecans, cranberries, goat cheese and diced apples.
- Drizzle in maple Dijon dressing and toss together to evenly combine.
What’s in the maple Dijon dressing for the Brussels sprout salad?
Maple syrup (preferably pure maple syrup)
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Juice or Apple Cider
Ground Cinnamon & Ginger
Raw Brussels sprouts can be a bit bitter so this maple Dijon dressing is perfect for balancing out that bitterness.
Plus, it’s got that nice kick of Fall spices from the cinnamon and ginger.
A few tips for making healthy fall Brussel sprout salad:
I like to “massage” my kale before adding it into the salad. To massage the kale, simply squeeze it with your hands until it’s softened and wilted slightly. This makes the leaves more tender.
If you totally hate kale, no problem! Substitute for arugula, spinach or an extra cup of Brussels sprouts.
If you’re not a fan of goat cheese you can use gorgonzola, feta or any cheese of your choice.
For a complete meal, you can add grilled chicken or bacon for added protein.
For more easy & healthy Fall salads try:
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries
Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Apple Juice
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese crumbles
- 1 cup Pecans toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ cups Craisins
- 2 Apples diced
- 16 oz Brussels Sprouts shredded
- Make the dressing: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- For the salad: place kale in large bowl. Massage using your hands to keep squeezing until its slightly softened and wilted. Add remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Toss in dressing and serve. Top with grilled chicken (optional).