Juicy & flavorful, these oven Spinach & Mozzarella Turkey Burgers are a healthy and easy dinner or lunch recipe, perfect over a salad or on a multigrain bun.
These spinach and mozzarella stuffed turkey burgers are moist and flavorful while staying healthy and easy.
The ingredients are all mixed together in one bowl, then baked in the oven making them a quick dinner plan.
Any leftover turkey burgers are great over a salad for lunch the next day or you can freeze them uncooked.
You can’t have a burger without fries, so give these yummy Homemade Baked Carrot Fries a try for a delicious homemade side!
To cook the turkey burgers in the oven:
I line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with non stick cooking spray. Then I place the burgers on the baking sheet and bake them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I make these juicy turkey burgers year round; they’re just as good baked in the oven as they are grilled outside and they freeze well so you can pull them out for a last minute dinner or lunch option.
The spinach not only adds nutrition, but is the key for keeping them moist and delicious. I like them with a side of roasted green beans and baked fries.
For some deliciously healthy and easy fries try:
Baked Carrot Fries with Dipping Sauce
Parmesan Rosemary Parsnip Fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli
These Juicy Oven Baked Turkey Burgers are made with:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Sauteed Spinach
- Lemon Zest
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Worcester Sauce
- Basil & Parsley
- Panko Bread Crumbs
The panko breadcrumbs help to keep the turkey burgers from falling apart.
We finally had no plans this past Sunday. I swear those are the best kind of Sundays! Not that I don’t like seeing friends or family, but it’s so nice to not have to worry about going anywhere and staying home all day. Plus Dallas breaks our hearts with his little head peeking out the window every time we leave.
My handy man hung up string lights for our patio deck and they look fabulous!!! What a difference some lighting can do :).
While John was finishing with the lights I grilled up some of these healthy spinach mozzarella turkey burgers alongside my baked carrot fries with maple chipotle dipping sauce
A burger and fries was the perfect way to end my Sunday, and being healthy made it that much better.
Oven Spinach & Mozzarella Turkey Burgers
- 2 TBS Olive Oil divided
- 3-4 cups Fresh Spinach (about 1 cup sauteed)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- ½ Onion diced small
- 2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TSP Lemon Zest
- 2 TSP Worcester
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil chopped (or 2 TSP dried)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsely chopped (or 2 TSP dried)
- 4 oz Fresh Mozzarella, cubed about 1/3 cup
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumb
- Preheat to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Combine well (don't be afraid to use your hands, they work best!).
- Divide equally into four pieces, shape with hands into 1" thick patties.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 30-35 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!