Healthy & Crispy, homemade baked carrot fries are perfectly seasoned with a side of deliciously creamy, sweet & spicy maple chipotle dipping sauce.
Move over sweet potato fries because these homemade baked carrot fries are divine! Baking instead of frying makes these fries a deliciously healthy alternative that can be enjoyed alongside a juicy burger, steak, or just as a yummy snack.
Try them with my Healthy Spinach Mozzarella Turkey Burgers!
I LOVE sweet potato fries so I felt a little bad cheating on them with these carrot fries. The truth is I planned on making my Spinach Mozzarella Turkey Burgers and having a side of yummy baked sweet potato fries but to my disappointment I had none. Then the light bulb went off to substitute the sweet potatoes with carrots hence these:
Healthy, Crispy Homemade Baked Carrot Fries with dipping sauce
The maple chipotle dipping sauce for these fries is AMAZING. It’s a salty and sweet combination with a little kick ;).
Start by preheating oven to 425 degrees. I like to lay my fries on a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet. The air circulates better, making the carrots evenly crispy.
Cut carrots in half horizontally, then cut each half again vertically.
Cut thicker halves in fourths and narrow halves in half so you have “fry size” pieces.
Place in large bowl and toss with olive oil and spices.
Lay evenly on cooling rack, making sure none overlap for even cooking.
While the carrot fries bake, make the dipping sauce: combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix until combined.
That’s all there is too it! Do a dance, do some crunches, fold the laundry while you wait for the carrot fries to be done..that’s the hardest part of this whole recipe ;).
- 8 Medium-Large Carrots
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- ½ TSP Ginger, ground
- 1 TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Black Pepper
Chipotle Maple Aioli
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Mayo, light
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Maple Syrup
- ½ TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 TBS Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, finely chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat with a second baking sheet.
- Cut your carrots in half long ways, then cut each half into thirds, lengthwise. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, and salt and pepper. Lay onto baking sheets, making sure none of the carrots are on top of each other.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; halfway through, flip carrots over and return to oven. They should be crispy and slightly browned.
Maple Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Place is small bowls and serve with fries when ready
*Pair with my healthy Spinach Mozzarella Turkey Burgers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!