Hearty Italian white bean vegetable soup with sausage is a deliciously healthy Tuscan soup recipe. An easy Italian vegetable soup that’s anything but short on flavor and packed full of nutrition for a complete wholesome meal served as lunch or dinner!
Cold weather brings warm casseroles, creamy pastas, and delicious baked goods but it also brings heart-warming soups which happen to be my absolute favorite…
Gimme a cup of soup and some grilled cheese and I’m one happy camper.
However, as much as I love a creamy tomato soup, if I’m making soup for lunch or dinner it’s got to be chock full with veggies and protein otherwise I’m hungry again after 30 minutes.
That’s why this Italian vegetable soup made it to the top of my favorite soup recipes.
Easy and delicious, this healthy Italian vegetable soup recipe makes an awesome dinner or lunch recipe because it’s filled with vegetables plus creamy white beans and flavorful Italian sausage.
Speaking of Italian, my mother is one of the best Italian cooks out there. Well, she’s the best cook period but happens to be half Italian and sure does cook like she’s full Italian. I’m talking like, “Do you think I have enough food?” as she’s got a 5-course meal spread out for 5 people.
Does that sound familiar with any fellow Italians?
Hey! I’m not complaining!!!
Anyways, she made this delicious soup a couple of weeks ago, and naturally had a container of leftovers set aside for me. As I’m on my lunch break I text her to ask her for the recipe because it was SOOO GOOD and of course she has no idea because she wings pretty much every recipe she makes and it always comes out bomb diggity.
So this is my version of her soup creation since she was no help (LOL, just kidding mom).
Italian White bean Vegetable Soup with Sausage & Broccoli Rabe- simmered with red bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, broccoli rabbi and Italian sausage for robust Italian flavor. Serve with grated cheese and slice of crusty bread for an amazingly delicious Tuscan white bean soup recipe.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ lb Ground Italian sausage
- 1 Bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and thinly chopped
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup White wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Pinch Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3-4 cups Broccoli rabe, roughly chopped (thick stems removed)
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 32 oz box Vegetable stock, 4 cups
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in medium sauce pan or Dutch oven.
- Add ground sausage and cook until browned while breaking up with your spoon (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in pepper, onion, carrots, squash and garlic, cook until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in white wine and cook 2 minutes.
- Add in bay leaf, spices, salt and pepper, mix to combine.
- Add in broccoli rabe, stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, bring to a boil, turn down to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Add in spinach and grated cheese. Stir to combine. Season with more salt or pepper if needed.
*Broccoli Rabe can be found in your local market. Sometimes referred to as broccolini or rapini it's used in Italian cooking. The tops ressemble small broccoli heads while the stems and leaves have a delicious bitter flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!