Creamy whipped brie topped with roasted balsamic strawberries, honey and pistachios. This easy brie appetizer is simple to make and so delicious!
Whipped brie cheese is all over my social media feed.
I've always had baked brie when it's melted and warm so I wasn't sure about this new whipped brie trend.
I decided to give it a try and WOW is it good.
I topped my whipped brie with some roasted balsamic strawberries, honey and pistachios for crunch.
The roasted strawberries have a jam-like consistency and go perfectly with the creamy brie cheese.
Balsamic vinegar adds a touch of much needed tang and the thyme rounds out all the flavors.
I spread my whipped brie on a serving board (like the butter board trend) and made some golden, crusty crostini to dip in it.
Not only is this whipped brie dip delicious and easy to make, but it's such a pretty appetizer!
I'm thinking this will be a huge Mother's day brunch hit :).
Ingredients for Whipped Brie with Roasted Strawberries:
- fresh strawberries
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- brie cheese
- roasted, chopped pistachios
- crostini or crackers for serving
You could substitute the thyme for fresh mint or basil. All these herbs go delicious with the strawberries!
You can omit the pistachios or substitute with any kind of nut.
How to make Whipped Brie:
- Cut the rind off of your brie cheese wheels while still cold (it'll cut easier!). A serrated knife works best. Make sure to get off all pieces of the rind.
- Let the brie cheese come to room temp, then cut into cubes. Add to mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in your food processor.
- Mix the cheese on medium speed for a minimum of 10 minutes. The cheese will look clumpy and gummy at first, but keep mixing and it will eventually start to lighten in color and become light and fluffy.
- Spread into serving dish and serve room temperature.
How to make Roasted Strawberries:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut stems off of strawberries. Cut bigger strawberries into quarters and smaller strawberries into half. Add to a medium size bowl.
- Add balsamic, honey, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Spread evenly on to parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway, until softened, but not completely mushy. Remove from oven and place in a bowl with the syrup to cool.
Tips for Whipped Brie:
The first time I tried making the whipped brie, I didn't let it whip enough so it was more of a gummy consistency then creamy and fluffy.
If you have a stand mixer, you can beat it with the paddle attachment. This was how I made my brie and it came out great.
You could also use a food processor to whip the brie.
If you have a hand mixer you could use that as well.
The key to whipping the brie is making sure it is at room temperature. You can microwave it for 10-15 seconds it make sure it's softened before whipping.
Whip the brie for a minimum of 10 minutes. If it's not fluffy, keep going until the right consistency is achieved.
I used Justataste.com for tips on making the whipped brie.
How to assemble a whipped brie board:
- Spread the whipped brie onto your serving boar (or in a serving dish).
- Top with the roasted strawberries and drizzle with the leftover syrup.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt on top and drizzle with honey. Top with the chopped pistachios and a sprig of fresh thyme for garnish.
What to serve with roasted strawberries and brie:
You can easily make your own crostini to serve with this whipped brie board.
Simple cut a French baguette loaf into 1" slices, spread evenly onto a baking sheet and drizzle both sides with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Bake @375 F for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway, or until the bread is golden brown on both sides.
You can also serve with pretzels or crackers.
For more easy appetizer recipes try:
- Red Pepper Jelly Cream Cheese Dip
- Blueberry Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Puff Pastry Appetizers
- Puff Pastry Baked Brie with Fig Jam
- Cherry Tomato Crostata (Galette)
If you give this recipe a try, don't forget to leave me a comment or star rating below. I always love to hear your feedback!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 3, 8 oz wheels brie cheese
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- crostini or crackers, for serving
- For the roasted strawberries: preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut stems off of strawberries. Cut larger berries in quarters and smaller ones in half. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add balsamic, honey, thyme, a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the strawberries.
- Spread the strawberries on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway, until the strawberries are softened but not completely mushy. You want them to still have their shape.
- Remove from oven, and place the strawberries, with the syrup into a bowl to cool.
- While the strawberries are roasting, make the whipped brie: while the brie is still cold, cut the rind off. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut the top and bottom off, then cut around the edges. Make sure all the rind is removed. Let the brie come to room temperature before whipping.
- Once cheese is softened, add to a bowl of a stand mixer (or in food processor). Mix with paddle attachment for at least 10 minutes. The brie will look gummy and lumpy at first, but keep whipping until it's light and fluffy.
- Remove from bowl and spread on to serving board or dish. Top with the cooled strawberries, drizzle with some of the strawberry syrup.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and drizzle with honey. Top with chopped pistachios and a sprig of tyme for garnish.
- Serve room temperature with crostini, crackers or pretzels.
*The roasted strawberries can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
*The whipped brie is best served the day of while it is still room temperature.
*You can whip the brie in your food processor, with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Make sure you whip for a minimum of 10 minutes until it's light and fluffy with a creamy texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g