This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #TexasPete #SauceLikeYouMeanIt
These vegan roasted cauliflower tacos feature zesty Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning. Made in just 30 minutes with roasted pineapple and cauliflower a cilantro lime slaw and chipotle cashew queso!
I don’t know about you, but I am craving that warmer summer weather.
It got into the 70’s here in RI last week and now that I’ve got a taste, I am SO ready for grilling season.
What’s better than enjoying a tasty homecooked meal outside on a warm summer night?
These vegan, plant-based cauliflower tacos definitely give off that warm weather vibe:
Juicy roasted pineapple, bright lime cilantro slaw, and cashew queso, all flavored with some Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning…They’re not only healthy but packed with flavor!
Texas Pete® products are the perfect balance of bold flavors and heat. I personally love the Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning because it adds a pop of flavor and spice to any dish, especially in these vegan tacos.
Cauliflower tacos can be made in the oven or outside on the grill. I’ve listed grilling instructions in the recipe notes :).
Vegan Cauliflower Taco Ingredients:
- Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning
- cauliflower florets
- pineapple chunks
- olive oil
- coleslaw mix (shredded green/red cabbage and carrots)
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- raw cashews
- nutritional yeast
- chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- corn tortillas
Texas Pete® loyalists are confident, edgy and bold. When you use Texas Pete® to Sauce Like You Mean It™ you’re doing something you’re passionate about with tenacity.
Not only does Texas Pete® represent amazing hot sauces, but the Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning has become a pantry staple in my kitchen!
It’s got the right amount of spices and flavor already mixed together so all I have to do is add it to whatever I’m cooking for an instant boost of deliciousness.
These vegan tacos have all the components: crunchy, tangy, smoky and creamy! I bet you can’t have just one 😉
How to make vegan roasted cauliflower tacos:
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Spread cauliflower florets and pineapple chunks on two separate baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning. Toss to evenly coat. Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway or until cauliflower is golden and pineapple is caramelized. (You can turn your broiler on for a couple minutes to really get them caramelized and browned!)
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: combine slaw ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss together and set aside.
- Make the chipotle cashew queso: in a high speed blender or food processor, combine queso ingredients, starting with just 1/3 cup of water. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add additional water. If too thin, add more cashews until desired cheese sauce consistency is achieved.
- For the corn tortillas: on a gas range stove top, turn flame to medium. Using metal tongs, place tortilla directly on flame and grill until slightly charred. Flip over and repeat. For electric oven: heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add tortilla and cook until slightly charred, flip over and repeat.
- To assemble cauliflower tacos: fill tortilla with cauliflower and pineapple, top with slaw and then drizzle with cheese sauce.
You can top with additional toppings if desired like: avocado, salsa, sour cream (if not vegan) or even add some more spice with your favorite Texas Pete® Hot Sauce!
Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce is a great way to spice up your delivery and takeout food.
I always have some in my refrigerator for bland food emergencies ;).
Whether you enjoy these easy vegan roasted cauliflower tacos outside in the sunshine, or at the dinner table, they’re deliciously healthy with the right amount of flavor and texture.
P.S. Don’t forget the margaritas 😉
The tacos can be made ahead for easy meal prep or a quick dinner. Simply roast the cauliflower and pineapple ahead of time (up to 3 days) and the cashew cheese sauce can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
If you give these roasted cauliflower tacos a try, leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #winealittlecookalot on Instagram!
Try out Texas Pete® products on some of my other favorite recipes:
- Healthy Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Foil Packets
- Cheesy Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Spicy Homemade Black Bean Burgers
- 1 tablespoon Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large or 2 medium heads)
- 6 cups pineapple, cut into 1" chunks (about 1 pineapple)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 corn tortillas
Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 1 teaspoon Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning
- 2.5 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
Cashew Chipotle Queso
- 2 teaspoons Texas Pete® Dust Dry Seasoning
- 1 cup cashews (raw or roasted), *see recipe notes
- 1/3-1/2 cup hot water
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place cauliflower florets and pineapple chunks of 2 separate baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with Texas Pete® dust dry seasoning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through or until cauliflower and pineapple are slightly browned (I like to turn my broiler on and roast them under the broiler to really get them caramelized for a couple of minutes)
- While cauliflower and pineapple are roasting make the slaw: combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine, set aside.
- Make the cashew queso: in a high speed blender* (see recipe notes) combine all queso ingredients, starting with 1/3 cup of water and blend on high speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add more water if needed. Season to taste taste with additional Texas Pete® dust dry seasoning, salt or nutritional yeast if needed.
- Grill corn tortillas: if using an electric stove top, heat a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place one corn tortilla in pan and cook 1-2 minutes until slightly charred. Repeat with remaining tortillas. (I only grill one side or they will crack when trying to fold). If using a gas stove, place tortilla directly over heat.
- To assemble: place a couple of the cauliflower florets and pineapple in your grilled tortilla. Top with cilantro slaw and drizzle with queso. Top with more Texas Pete® dry seasoning if desired!
*If you don't have a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Nutribullet, you can use your food processor or regular blender. I suggest soaking the cashews in hot water for at least 2 hours or overnight before blending.
*Grilling Instructions: preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place cauliflower and pineapple in aluminum pans or in a grilling basket. Grill for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Until slightly charred and tender. You can also grill the corn tortillas directly on the grill.
*Make Ahead: roast the cauliflower and pineapple up to 3 days before serving. Cashew queso can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 11gSugar: 29gProtein: 12g