Creamy roasted potato salad with bacon & maple mustard mayo is easy to make and the perfect side dish for your next cookout or BBQ.
I have nothing against potato salad, believe me, my grandma makes the best potato salad.
On the other hand, if you have cookouts like every other weekend it gets a little tiring having the same old potato salad again and again, am I right???
This is a different potato salad recipe to bring to your next BBQ that’s easy to make and bursting with flavor.
It starts by roasting baby potatoes in the oven with some olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, onion & garlic powder and little rosemary until crispy and golden.
Then it’s tossed with crispy bacon pieces and THE BEST maple mayo mustard sauce….uhhhh yeah, you’re gonna want to make extras, cause I guarantee you there will be no leftovers.
Remember that amazingly delicious and addicting maple mayo sauce recipe? The one that’s good on pretty much everything????
Mmhhmmm that’s what I’m talking about…sorry Gram, your potato salad can come to the next family party ;).
Creamy roasted potato salad with bacon and maple mustard can be served warm or room temperature. Double or triple the recipe and it’s a great potato salad recipe for a crowd.
(Especially a bacon-maple mayo-crispy potato-loving kind of a crowd.)
The maple mayo sauce can absolutely be made ahead. The recipe makes about 1 cup, so you can store leftovers in an airtight container or mason jar for up to two months in the refrigerator.
If you want to make the potato salad ahead, I would suggest roasting the potatoes the day before or the day of and not adding the maple mayo until you’re ready to serve. (Once the potatoes are covered with the mayo sauce, they lose their crispiness once refrigerated.)
You can also cook the bacon the day or two before so it’s ready to be added into the potato salad when ready.
Roasted potato salad is easy to make because you don’t have to peel the potatoes, which, if you’ve ever made potato salad before, you know it’s a tedious task!
I like using baby potatoes in this recipe because they’re easier to cut into chunks and their skin is thinner making them great for roasting.
What to serve with roasted potato salad with bacon?
- Hot Dogs
- Grilled Chicken
- Side of Green Beans
Roasted potato salad with maple mayo mustard and bacon is crispy, sweet, salty, creamy and full of flavor!
It’ll be the life of the party at your next BBQ or summer gathering :).
- 4 lbs Baby potatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 cup Bacon, about 8-10 slices
- 1 cup Maple Mayo Mustard, see recipe notes
- Fresh Chives or Parsley for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and rosemary until evenly coated. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread out the potatoes as evenly as possible. Cook 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden and crispy. Remove and set aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook bacon until crispy (I prefer cooking in the oven for easier clean up!), set aside and crumble into pieces once cooled.
- Transfer the cooled, roasted potatoes to a large bowl, add about 1/2 cup of the maple mayo and toss until evenly combined. Add more mayo if needed. Fold in the bacon pieces and chives or parsley (if using).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You may have leftover maple mayo sauce which you can store in a jar and keep in the refrigerator. (It's great on sandwiches, or as a dipping sauce for fries!)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g