Moist and healthy pecan cinnamon banana bread is made with maple syrup and browned butter for a simple banana bread recipe.
If there’s one thing poor browned bananas are good for it’s a delicious and easy banana bread recipe.
I’m one of those banana eaters that prefer when they’re more on the green side…Any hints of brown and they go straight into the freezer which is why I always have an abundance of ripened bananas just waiting to be baked into banana bread (not the worse thing to happen to a banana!)
This pecan cinnamon banana bread recipe uses pure maple syrup for sweetness and browned butter for extra nutty flavor.
Nothing like waking up to a slice of warm banana bread lathered with butter. Which, if we’re talking butter, I especially loveeee a little honey cinnamon butter ;).
Ingredients in pecan cinnamon banana bread:
- All-purpose & Whole-wheat flour
- Browned butter
- Ground cinnamon
- Extra ripe bananas, mashed
- Pure maple syrup
- Toasted pecans
Tips for making healthy pecan banana bread:
- I use equal amounts of all-purpose and whole-wheat flours. If you were to use all whole wheat flour you will end up with a more dense & thick bread.
- Browning the butter gives the bread a richer, more flavorful crumb.
- The more brown the bananas, the better. When bananas turn brown they become more sweet which makes the bread naturally sweet.
- Pure maple syrup or honey make up for any white or brown sugars, making the bread also naturally sweetened (plus the maple syrup gives the bread delicious flavor!)
The great thing about banana bread is you can make so many variations, like adding in chocolate chips, walnuts, sour cream, cream cheese. The list goes on and on.
For more quick bread recipes try:
Pecan Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup pecans toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×4" loaf pan and set aside.
- Add butter to small saucepan. Melt fully and keep cooking until butter starts to foam and brown. Once it smells nutty and golden, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine melted browned butter, mashed bananas, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Gradually add flour mixture and combine just until combined.
- Fold in pecans and pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.