This easy baked pecan crusted fish is gluten free and low carb making it healthy yet flavorful. It’s a deliciously simple baked fish recipe!
White, flaky fish is brushed with sweet & tangy honey mustard, crusted in a toasted pecan Parmesan crumb and perfectly baked in the oven.
Sounds fancy but it’s quick and easy, making it perfect for family dinner.
So easy in fact, that I was able to make it all while hosing off a muddy duck-chasing Dallas.
I happened to look out the window at our backyard and catch a last second glimpse of this bird flying by and “Denis the Menace” himself chasing after it.
The look on his face as he was sprinting up from the hill was so hysterical, I swear he was all smiles and proud as could be.
It made my day until he came to the slider door, covered in pond mud from his belly down…
So moral of the story, if I can cook this dinner in under 30 minutes all while hosing off Dallas, drying him, and still having time to fold a load of laundry, then I think it’s safe to say this is one quick & easy recipe!
To make this crusted pecan fish all you need is:
- Toasted Pecans
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Honey Mustard
- White Fish
The honey mustard is brushed on the fish before coating not only because it helps the pecans to stick, but it keeps the fish nice and moist, keeping it from drying out in the oven.
Drizzling it with olive oil also ensures that it stays moist in the oven.
I like baking the fish on a cooling rack lined baking sheet so that the heat evenly circulates, making the fish slightly crispy and not soggy.
Gluten Free, low carb & Keto approved, this oven baked pecan crusted fish is a delicious dinner recipe that’s simple and easy to make.
You can use any white fish for this recipe such as:
You can also use any type of nut you’d like, but my favorite combination with the honey mustard is the pecans.
For more easy baked fish recipes try:
Easy Baked Pecan Crusted Fish
- 1 cup Pecans
- 4 pieces White fish haddock, cod, flounder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS Honey mustard
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350. Place pecans on baking sheet, and toast 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and slightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place cooling rack on top; spray with non-stick cooking spray. (The cooling rack will help to circulate even air flow for a crispier crust).
- Place toasted pecans and Parmesan cheese in food processor and pulse until nicely ground. Dump onto a shallow bowl or plate.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper and brush both sides with a layer of honey mustard.
- Place fish in pecan crumbs and coat all sides. Place on cooling rack-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for all 4 pieces of fish. Drizzle tops of fish with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. The fish should flake when you cut into it with your fork.
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!