Easy Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Easy Low Carb Mexican cauliflower rice bowls (with a Keto variation), are quick, easy and packed with protein for a fiesta filled delicious dinner. Topped with a simple chipotle ranch cream sauce…these rice bowls may be low carb but high in flavor and nutrition!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 lb Lean Ground Meat beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 TBS Taco Seasoning divided, recipe link in notes
- 2 TBS Olive Oil divided
- 1 medium Yellow or Red Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Bell Peppers diced
- 2 Zucchini diced
- 4 cups Riced Cauliflower about 1 head, see recipe notes below
- 1 15oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed (exclude for Keto version)
- 1 14.5oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 Lime plus more for serving
- 1 Avocado diced (optional)
- Shredded cheese for serving (optional)
- Greek Yogurt for serving (optional)
Heat pan over medium heat. Add ground meat and cook, breaking up with spatula until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in 1 TBS taco seasoning. Transfer to plate and set aside.
Return pan back to stove on medium heat with olive oil. Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and zucchini. Cook until veggies are softened about 7-10 minutes.
Add in your riced cauliflower along with black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and remaining 1 TBS Mexican seasoning. Cook additional 3-4 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Serve in bowls, topped with avocado, cheese and Greek yogurt (if desired).
*Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe here.
*For Keto Friendly Version-exclude the black beans and chipotle cream sauce.
*Cauliflower rice bowls can be made and stored in airtight containers for up to 5 days.
*For a chipotle sour cream sauce simply blend together 1 tsp chopped chipotle pepper with 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.