Easy Crockpot Pumpkin Chili
Hearty chili combined with cozy pumpkin and fall spices, balanced with sweet potato and pumpkin ale. Paired with a delicious savory pumpkin cornbread…nothing easier for a lazy football Sunday.
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 lb ground meatball mix veal, pork, beef mix
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups sweet potato about 2-3 large, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1, 15 oz can of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 1 12 oz bottle Pumpkin beer or beefvegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion for serving, (optional)
Add ground meat to bottom of crockpot. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Add in cubed sweet potatoes, onion and garlic. Then add in drained and rinsed beans.
Mix in diced tomoatoes along with spices, pumpkin puree and syrup.
Lastly, pour in your beer and stir everything together.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and onions if desired.
Click here for Pumpkin Cornbread recipe (adapted from Cooking Classy)