Creamy Pumpkin Butter Chicken
Creamy pumpkin butter chicken is a delicious and easy version of the Classic Indian Butter chicken recipe substituting pumpkin butter and cozy warm fall spices.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Marinating Time 1 day
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1.5 lb Boneless skinless chicken thighs about 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Clove
- 1/2 tsp Cardomom
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Pumpkin Butter (see recipe notes)
- 2/3 cup Milk or 1/2 1/2 or light cream
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cup Rice (white, brown, farro, barley, etc)
Combine yogurt, lemon, and spices in medium bowl. Add in the chicken and combine so chicken is fully covered.
Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
Heat oil in medium sauce pan or dutch oven over medium high heat.
Add marinated chicken and cook 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through and lightly browned.
Add in pumpkin butter, mix to combine.
Add in milk, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Cover, and simmer 25-30 minutes.
Add in butter, melt and stir to combine.
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Serve in bowl with rice and top with pumpkin butter chicken.