Veggie Noodles with Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce & Asian Meatballs
Healthy & easy stir-fry Asian veggie noodles with a Thai coconut curry peanut sauce and Asian turkey meatballs is an easy, low carb, & authentic Asian recipe that’s bursting with flavor!
(See recipe notes for Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free option.)
Ummmm, if noodle bowls were the only thing I could ever eat, that’d be TOTALLY fine with me.
This noodle dish has the distinct aromas of fresh ginger, soy sauce, cilantro and scallion accompanied by an easy, yet healthy coconut curry peanut sauce and the best Asian turkey meatballs
If you can’t already tell, I love Thai and Asian cuisine (specifically noodle bowls)…I really think if I had to pick between Thai or Pizza, it’d be a tough call, but the Thai would win (can’t go wrong with a good noodle bowl!).
While we’re on the subject of Thailand, I think John and I have decided to go there for our Honeymoon…anyone who knows me knows I absolutely love elephants. It has always been a dream of mine to visit an elephant sanctuary and see the elephants in their natural free habitat; I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am. Of course I’m ecstatic about the food as well, I mean elephants AND 24/7 authentic Thai food??? I’m pretty sure if I had to picture a heaven that would be pretty darn close.
Oh yeah…I said YES TO THE DRESS this past weekend. I feel like it’s finally hit me that I will be getting married!!!
That’s why this amazingly healthy dinner is one of my all time favorites; It can satisfy my craving for a nice warm noodle bowl without me (or my waist) feeling guilty from carb-overload…WHAT MAGIC (and Lord knows it’s crunch time to get my wedding-dress self in shape).
Plus you can easily tweak the recipe for a vegetarian/vegan/gluten option.
And oh em gee the coconut curry peanut sauce is divine…Creamy and warmly spiced it has all the true Thai flavors that I love oh so much…it’s super quick and easy and versatile…Use on fish, over rice or I bet it would be delicious with chicken skewers…mmm.
The Asian meatballs are made with ground turkey and are super easy to make! They’re pan fried in sesame oil with a delicious golden crust and amazing flavor.
If you’re looking for an Authentic-tasting, healthy, easy AND low carb dinner, definitely try cooking up these Asian Veggie Noodles with Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce & Asian Meatballs.
BRB, going to make some right now 😉
For some more healthy and easy veggie noodle recipes try:
Asian Veggie Noodles with Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce & Asian Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey/chicken/lean beef
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 TSP fresh ginger grated or minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp siracha sauce optional
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions about 4 stalks
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 TBS sesame oil
Thai Curry Peanut Sauce:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- 1, 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground curry
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 TBS honey or agave
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated or minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4-5 cups veggies noodles carrots, sweet potato, zucchini, etc
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- green onions thinly chopped, for topping
- crushed peanuts for topping
- cilantro chopped, for topping
- Mix all meatball ingredients (except sesame oil) together in medium sized bowl. Shape into small/medium size balls and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat in large sauté pan. Add meatballs and cook 3-4 minutes per side to get a nice golden crust. Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook until meat is fully cooked through, about another 10-15 minutes. Set aside when finished.
Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce:
- Heat sesame oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat, add garlic and cook 1 minute until fragrant. Add in remaining sauce ingredients, except lime juice.
- Bring to simmer, lower heat to low, cover and continue to cook 10-15 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Set aside.
Stir-Fried Veggie Noodles:
- Heat sesame oil over medium-high heat over large wok or saute pan. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add in veggie noodles, cabbage, bell peppers, bean sprouts, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are softened yet still a little crunchy or “al-dente”.
- Toss veggie noodles with peanut curry sauce (you may have some left over) and top with 2-3 meatballs. Top with green onion, peanuts and cilantro if desired.
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!