Vegetarian Kale & Lentil Salad Bowls with Creamy Lemon Dressing are power packed with veggies, fiber and most importantly, flavor! Gluten free & vegan (see recipe notes) it’s the perfect kale salad recipe to give you the energy you need throughout your day.
If you’re tired of the same old salad recipe, you should really try this one out.
Aside from being super tasty, there are so many great benefits in these vegetarian kale & lentil salad bowls with dried cranberries, broccoli, carrots, lentils, lemon, & arugula.
Let’s start with the lemony dressing for this wonderfully delicious kale salad bowl: its lip smacking
It’s got the perfect amount of tangy and creaminess balancing with the earthiness of the veggies and lentils…mahhh gawd its good stuff.
I love this vegetarian kale & lentil salad bowl on its own but the creamy lemon dressing is incredible…instant dance party for my taste buds.
Next, you’ll need to massage the kale…yes you read that right…Massage your kale. It causes the leaves to wilt, making it more tender which is what we want since we’re not cooking it, so trust me, it sounds weird but sometimes weird gets you things like awesome kale salad ;). (See the before and after)
If you’re trying to stay healthy without being tasteless, this is a great recipe to consider. It’s anything but boring and LOADED with Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber.
If you need a vegan version of this recipe, just forgo the Greek yogurt and goat cheese, and voila, completely vegan! I’m not sure of any good substitutes so if you have any please feel free to comment and share :).
Vegetarian Kale & Lentil Salad Bowls with Creamy Lemon Dressing
Creamy Lemon Dijon Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 TBS onion very finely diced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ginger fresh or ground
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or dried
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 TBS greek yogurt
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
Kale & Lentil Salad Bowls
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lentils dry
- 1 bunch of kale roughly chopped, about 4 cups
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup of goat cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pepitas roasted, unsalted
For the Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Set aside.
For the Kale & Lentil Salad Bowls:
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut broccoli into florets and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, mixing halfway.
- While the broccoli is roasting, bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add lentils, cover, turn down heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place kale in large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and using your hands, massage for about 3 minutes. You’ll start to notice the kale wilting.
- Add in arugula, craisins, carrots and goat cheese. Toss to combine.
- Once lentils are done, drain and add to kale mixture.
- Once broccoli is done, add to kale mixture.
- Toss with dressing, add pepitas last and serve.
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!