Quick & Easy Keto Spinach & Tuna in White Wine Lemon Sauce over Spaghetti Squash Noodles is a deliciously fast & simple low carb dinner recipe that’s wonderfully tasty and made in just about 30 minutes.
Who would have known spaghetti squash would be my new best friend. It fills the void for pasta that I long for so badly during the week and it’s so easy to prepare, no fancy spiralizer needed!
Is Spaghetti Squash Keto Friendly?
Well yes, depending on your individual carb intake for the day. It can be Keto friendly if you portion the right amount. Just because it’s not pasta doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any carbs, just not as much :).
Easily substitute the spaghetti squash with zucchini noodles for an even lower carb dish.
How do you cook Spaghetti Squash
The method I like the best is to slice the squash into 1” thick rings, rather than cutting in half lengthwise. I think the rings create more realistic “spaghetti” by keeping the strands long like spaghetti pasta.
I love how easy this dish is, yet it’s so flavorful: tuna and fresh spinach are simmered in a bright lemon herb white wine sauce and it is quite amazing for such a fast and inexpensive dinner.
And I have to be honest, canned tuna can be pretty underwhelming, but adding a few simple fresh ingredients can really dress it up. Tuna is affordable, healthy, and a good source of protein making it a snubbed ingredient that should get more notice ;).
Adding the ricotta gives it a subtle creamy deliciousness for a wonderfully fast recipe that’s amazingly healthy and doesn’t require much effort. I’m sure you can relate; we all need those low key dinner nights, especially on dreadful Mondays.
If you’re looking for a low carb, easy, healthy and delicious dinner you should really try this recipe for Quick & Easy Keto Spinach & Tuna in White Wine Lemon Sauce over Spaghetti Squash Noodles-it’s pleasantly nutritious!
For more low carb dinners check out:
Healthy Thai Meatballs with Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce
Easy Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls
And for another awesomely good tuna recipe check out:
Healthy No Mayo Avocado Tuna Salad 9Keto & Paleo Approved)
Quick & Easy Keto Spinach & Tuna in White Wine Lemon Sauce over Spaghetti Squash NoodlesA deliciously fast & simple low carb dinner recipe that's wonderfully tasty and made in just about 30 minutes.Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 30 minutesTotal Time 40 minutesServings 4
- 1 Spaghetti Squash or zucchini noodles, see recipe notes*
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- ½ Onion diced, about ½ cup
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 5 oz cans Tuna in water, drained
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 TBS Fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried
- 1 TBS Fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
- ½ cup White wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups Fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese part skim, plus more for serving
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut stem off of your spaghetti squash.
- Carefully, cut horizontally into 1” rings, removing the seeds, and placing on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4-6 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in tuna, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add in white wine, lemon & spinach. Cover and cook 10-15 min.
- Stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Using a fork, or hands, pull apart the squash strands from the skin. It will resemble “noodles”. (You may need to separate it with your hands if it clumps together)
- Add squash noodles to sauce; serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and about 1 tsp of ricotta, if desired.
Notes*This recipe has 18g of carb per serving. Depending on your Keto diet, you can substitute the spaghetti squash for zucchini noodles for an even lower carb dinner recipe.
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!