Easy oven baked chicken breasts with spinach and cheese are perfectly moist, juicy and delicious. Topped with ricotta cheese and roasted red peppers they’re a quick and healthy family dinner recipe.
All hail quick dinner recipes!!! (can I get a Amen?!?!)
This oven baked chicken takes minutes to prepare. It’s made with simple ingredients, for a quick and delicious meal.
Each boneless chicken breast is covered in ricotta, spinach, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese, keeping the chicken moist and juicy while it’s baked in the oven.
One of my worst cooking fears is dried out chicken (or any meat for that matter). There’s nothing worse than trying to swallow a dry, flavorless piece of chicken.
As much as I love dunking my chicken in some BBQ, these juicy, oven baked chicken breasts are effortlessly moist, so no dipping sauces or large glass of water on standby required ;).
What temperature do you cook chicken breasts at and how long should you cook them for?
I usually cook my boneless chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. My rule of thumb is: if it has the skin on it, use a higher temperature, like 400-415 degrees to get the extra crispy golden crust, but a lower temperature, like 350-375 if the chicken is lean, boneless and skinless.
What should the temperature of my chicken be?
Your chicken breasts should be an internal temperature of 165 degrees, and this goes for any poultry.
The best way to really make sure your chicken is fully cooked is to check it using a meat thermometer. You can buy an inexpensive one easily online or at any store that sells cooking utensils (Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc.).
To get the most accurate reading, be sure to stick the thermometer in the thickest part of the meat.
This is the best oven baked chicken breast recipe because it hits all the check marks: easy, healthy and juicy!
The ingredients are simple:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Spinach
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
As with most of my recipes, feel free to swap out or substitute any ingredients you don’t like or don’t have on hand.
If you prefer to use sun dried tomatoes instead of roasted red peppers, go for it. Cream cheese instead of ricotta? Kale instead of Spinach…switch it up.
For some other easy and healthy dinner recipes try my:
Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Spinach & Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless (see recipe notes)
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Balsamic Drizzle optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lined baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in sauté pan. Add spinach, pinch of salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Top evenly with ricotta cheese, cooked spinach, red peppers and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly golden, and chicken is fully cooked through to an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Serve with balsamic drizzle, if desired.