These mini sweet & salty brownie bites are the best of both worlds: fudgy brownie pieces, creamy peanut butter, pretzel and potato chip pieces; they’re the ultimate quick and easy bite sized desserts!
Sweet and salty go together like peanut butter and jelly, cookies and milk, grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc. You catch my drift.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Pretzels…does it get any better? Oh wait, it does cause they’re only 5 ingredients making them perfect for an easy party dessert (cue the angels singing).
I had some leftover brownies in my freezer I was itching to do something with before I ate them all to myself. Anything chocolatey with peanut butter is my weakness. Add some pretzels AND potato chips and “oh my gosh, get these things away from me!!!”
You can use homemade brownies from scratch, store bought brownies, or even semi-homemade box brownies for this recipe. It’s all about easiness here so do whatever works for you!
To make these desserts even easier, you can make the brownies well ahead of time and keep them in your freezer until ready to make.
I suggest making these mini brownie bites in a mini muffin pan with liners. However, if you don’t have a muffin tin, my best suggestion would be to place the liners in a baking dish, close together to help hold their shape when the melted chocolate is added.
I’m the kind of person who eats something sweet and then needs something salty afterwards to balance out. Anyone else like this? That’s why these mini brownies are one of my favorite bite-sized desserts.
The perfect combination of sweet and salty: peanut butter, chocolate, brownie, pretzels and potato chips all packed into one small dessert.
These mini sweet & salty brownie bites are perfect individual desserts for a crowd because they’re small, easy, and only require 5 simple ingredients.
For some more easy party appetizers try:
Mini Sweet & Salty Brownie Bites
- 1 Batch Brownies cut into small, ½” pieces (see recipe notes)
- 2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Potato Chips crushed
- 1 cup Pretzels crushed
- Prepare brownies according to directions; let cool before cutting into pieces.
- Place liners in mini muffin/cupcake pan. Add 2-3 brownie pieces to each liner and add some of the crushed potato chips/pretzel pieces.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in heatproof bowl placed over pan of simmering water. Stir until completely melted.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over the brownies, making sure to pour down the sides and over the chip/pretzel pieces. Be careful not to overfill the liners.
- Top with more chips and pretzels and place in the refrigerator or freezer until chocolate has set.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.