Healthy low carb cauliflower Alfredo sauce is creamy, cheesy, and everything homemade Alfredo sauce should be (minus the guilt)! Chicken and broccoli are added for a complete and nutritious easy low fat dinner recipe.
Cheesy, creamy, dreamy homemade Alfredo sauce gets a surprise ingredient added for a lighter, yet amazingly delicious sauce. This healthy (and easy) cauliflower Alfredo sauce recipe with chicken and broccoli will leave tummies full and dishes empty!
Alfredo sauce made with cauliflower, cream cheese and Greek yogurt stays true to it's creamy and rich reputation while staying low carb and healthy
So I have a confession…I ate a lot this weekend, and not just a lot but a lot of BAD things. I’m not gonna lie, I don’t regret it. It was my birthday weekend so that’s okay, right?
Hello my name is Alyssa and I have a serious food obsession.
So after eating all weekend like it was my last meal, I needed something tonight that was light, low-fat/low carb and John approved...what a challenge 😉
Healthy Low Carb Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce with Chicken and Broccoli and zucchini noodles...a new favorite, easy and delicious dinner recipe.
Once the cauliflower is pureed in the sauce, you'll never know it's there! It gives this dish a boost of nutrition and thickens the Alfredo without the use of cream.
Adding flour to the melted butter creates a roux which also helps to thicken the sauce...
I use my hand blender (also known as an immersion blender)...If you don’t have an immersion blender you could also use a food processor or regular blender, however, I suggest investing in one of these babies because they're so convenient and easy to use, especially if you make a lot of soups/sauces/smoothies.
Believe me; it makes your life so much easier being able to blend in the same pan. I got mine on Amazon for about $30, and they come in all different colors, like my super cool lime green one :).
I served my cauliflower Alfredo sauce over zucchini noodles and John's over fettuccini.
There was a 50/50 chance he would call me out and ask “what did you do different” or “what the heck is in this” but I decided to go for it anyways and let me tell you…He ate that bowl in 5 minutes flat and didn’t even detect the Cauliflower imposter! Phew…
For more easy and healthy low carb dinner recipes try:
Healthy Thai Meatballs with Coconut Curry Peanut Sauce over Veggie Noodles
Easy Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Quick & Easy Keto Spinach & Tuna in White Wine Lemon Sauce over Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into small florets, about 2 cups
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets, about 3 cups
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken tenders, about 8
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 TBS butter
- 3 TBS flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 lb zoodles (zucchini noodles), or pasta
- Start by heating water over high heat in medium sauce pan for your cauliflower. While you wait for your water to boil, add about 1” water to a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add broccoli florets, cover and let steam until vibrant green and softened, about 5-8 minutes. Drain any extra water and set broccoli aside.
- Once the water in your other pan boils, add cauliflower florets and let cook until fork tender, about 5-8 minutes. Drain and set aside as well.
- In same sauté pan you used for your broccoli, return to stove top on medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Add chicken tenders and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Let cook about 5 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same sauté pan again, add butter and let melt. Whisk in flour, and continue to cook additional two minutes until slightly browned. Slowly and gradually add in milk. Bring to boil, lower heat, and continue to simmer until thickened, stirring every so often; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese, yogurt and grated cheese. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add in cooked cauliflower florets. Using hand blender, blend until smooth (or place in blender/food processer).
- Slice chicken and add to sauce along with broccoli. Add some more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta or veggie noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Sign up below for more easy, healthy and low carb recipes!