Classic grilled cheese turns fancy with this gourmet pumpkin butter grilled cheese with prosciutto. An adult grilled cheese using sweet & salty ingredients for a mouthwatering fall sandwich.
Okay, so who doesn't love a grilled cheese on a cold day? Grilled cheese and soup has got to be there on my top list of cozy comfort foods,especially once the cold weather hits.
And what's easier to make than grilled cheese?
I'm pretty sure anything is good with cheese, but I especially love the sweet and salty combination in this quick & easy gourmet pumpkin butter grilled cheese with prosciutto.
...Is your mouth watering, cause now I'm hungry.
Since the cheese is the most important factor when making the perfect grilled cheese, here are some of the best cheeses for grilled cheeses:
- Soft Cheeses like goat, blue, and Gorgonzola
- Sharp Cheddar
Prosciutto is thinly sliced Italian ham found in most deli markets. If you can't find it, try substituting with regular thin sliced ham!
For more Pumpkin Butter Recipes try these!
Apple & Pumpkin Butter Crostada with Oat Crumble Topping
Savory Pumpkin Butter Crostini Appetizers with Caramelized Onions and Sage
Creamy Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- 2 slices Bread, thick cut preferred
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Butter, (see recipe notes)
- 3-4 slices Prosciutto, thinly sliced, see recipe notes
- 2 slices Cheese, Gouda, Sharp Cheddar etc.
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Spread about 2 tbsp pumpkin butter on each slice of bread.
- Add cheese, prosciutto and sprinkle with fresh rosemary
- Heat non stick grill pan to medium heat.
- Add butter and melt.
- Once butter is melted, add grilled cheese and cook 3-4 minutes per side until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown
- Serve and eat immediately!
*Click here for my easy homemade pumpkin butter recipe!
*Prosciutto is a type of Italian ham that is thinly sliced and can be found at most deli markets. Use regular thin sliced ham if you can't find it.
*I used thick sliced Brioche bread, but you can use any bread of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Sign up below for more easy, healthy and low carb recipes!