Easy (Whole30 & Paleo Approved) Date & Nut Snack Bites are made with just 5 natural ingredients…Vegan and Gluten free, they’re perfect for an on the go healthy snack!
These little snack bites are bursting with flavor and energy, giving you a little pick-me-up when you need a guilt free, convenient snack. Even if you’re not on the Whole30 or Paleo diet trends, they’re perfect for when you’re craving something sweet with NO added sugar and all natural ingredients…and did I mention they’re SUPER QUICK & EASY! I’m talking like hold-your-baby-on-your-hip-while-making-these-one-handedly-easy…like seriously, what’s better than that?
Let’s break down the main ingredients in these healthy vegan and gluten free snacks:
loaded with fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. While higher in natural sugar, they’re still great for a light Whole30 or Paleo diet snack.
good source of protein and great for a delicious crunch
Ginger & Cinnamon:
aside from being flavorful, both have great anti-inflammatory properties.
To make these deliciously Easy (Whole 30 & Paleo Approved) Date & Nut Snack Bites:
Simply add ingredients to food processor and pulse until it starts to come together. You might need to add 1 TBS of water to bind the ingredients better. You should be able to roll into balls once done.
Store in airtight container, and pop them in the refrigerator or leave at room temp.
My 15 month old niece couldn’t get enough of these when I was taste testing the snack recipe so yes, they are kid approved ;). They kind of remind me of the taste/texture of RX Bars and I kind of dig it.
*Feel free to try additional add-ins, like coconut, protein powder, flax seed, etc!
- 8 oz dried dates, pitted, about 1 cup roughly chopped
- ½ cup nuts, I used almonds & pecans
- 1 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 TBS water, if necessary for binding
- Place dates and nuts in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add in ginger, cinnamon and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Take spoonful and roll into 1" balls with hands; it should hold its shape.
- If it’s not holding its shape, add about 1 TBS of water and pulse again.
- Store in airtight container. Can store in refrigerator or room temperature.
*Snack Bites will last about 1 month in sealed container.
*You can add in any other ingredients you may like: coconut, flax seed, protein powder, etc!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Like what you see? Sign up below and never miss a recipe!