Cheesy Pesto Cauliflower Rice Casserole with Chicken & Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (to support my tea drinking habit) if you click a link and buy something. Please check out my full DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
An easy low carb dinner, cheesy pesto cauliflower rice casserole with chicken & broccoli is a healthy and delicious comfort food recipe that’s Keto diet approved!
Now that the cool weather is here, I love nothing more than a warm cheesy casserole baked in the oven.
Casseroles are so easy to throw together too, and usually, you can use up whatever you have sitting in your fridge, freezer or pantry…
Breakfast casserole, veggie casserole, or dare I even say…candy casserole??? (Seriously though, if you have a recipe for that one do share!)
This cheesy pesto cauliflower rice casserole with chicken & broccoli is an easy and healthy low carb family dinner recipe.
Pesto is super easy to make on your own, I especially love this recipe from Little Spice Jar….mmm mmm.
I had the last bunch of basil left in my garden that I was savoring because I knew once I picked it summer was pretty much over…but on the other hand it makes for a delicious pesto so I ain’t mad ;).
An easy cauliflower rice recipe with cheese and chicken makes a satisfyingly healthy low carb dinner casserole.
I know cooking healthy is hard, especially when you have little ones or “non-healthy believers” in your household. Some nights I’m cooking two separate meals for myself and John because he doesn’t always like what I’m making.
That’s why this is one of my favorite low carb dinner recipes because it’s an easy and healthy dinner that everyone likes (well…hopefully likes).
Low carb Cheesy Pesto Cauliflower Rice Casserole with Chicken & Broccoli-quick, easy and a crowd pleaser!
Cheesy Pesto Cauliflower Rice Casserole with Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 head Cauliflower see recipe notes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 lb Chicken tenders cut into 1" cubes
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets, about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth low sodium preferred
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Asiago Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto see recipes notes
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare cauliflower rice by cutting into florets, placing in your food processor and pulsing until it reassembles rice. You should have about 4 cups. (Alternatively you could also use store bought cauliflower rice)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in saute pan. Add garlic, chicken, broccoli, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, turn to low, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice to chicken and broccoli. Stir and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Combine 3 cheeses in a small bowl. Stir into cauliflower rice (reserving 1/2 cup for topping) along with the pesto.
- Spread mixture into 13"x9" glass pan or other casserole pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Sign up below for more easy, healthy and low carb recipes!