Oven Baked Panko Crusted Salmon with Maple Mayo
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission (to support my tea drinking habit) if you click a link and buy something. Please check out my full DISCLOSURE POLICY for more details.
Easy oven baked panko crusted salmon with maple mayo is moist yet crispy for a quick, healthy dinner recipe.
Salmon is one of those fish you either love or hate. To me, the flavor is subtle IF cooked with the right flavors.
It’s also packed with omega-3’s (the healthy-heart fat), vitamin B and protein,, making it my favorite fish of choice.
Oven baked panko crusted salmon with maple mayo is one of my go to dinner recipes.
Salmon fillets get brushed with a delicious maple mayonnaise, then coated with panko and baked in the oven until perfectly golden.
The combination of salmon with the maple mayo is AMAZING…I like making enough to store in a small jar so we have it to put on sandwiches, burgers or a yummy dipping sauce for fries.
It’s seriously that darn good and wickeeddd (I’m so Rhode Island) easy.
Get the quick and easy maple mayo sauce recipe here.
I have tried this recipe with white fish (cod/haddock), however, I prefer it best with salmon, but that’s just my opinion. You can certainly try it with any fish you’d like!
To make this easy panko crusted salmon:
- Make your easy maple mayo sauce.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then brush with the maple mayo sauce.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, add your panko, then coat each piece of salmon with the panko, pressing down with your fingers so it sticks.
- Place salmon (skin side down) on an aluminum lined baking dish or baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until fish is flaky.
Baking the salmon in the oven gives it a nice golden crust, while the maple mayo sauce keeps it moist and flavorful.
I try to make salmon at least once a week and this panko crusted salmon is my all time favorite, not only because it’s so easy, but it’s got the perfect crunch and the maple mayo is irresistibly good :).
For more easy baked fish recipes try:
Easy Oven Baked Panko Crusted Salmon with Maple Mayo
- 1 lb salmon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Maple Mayo Sauce recipe link in notes
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and brush generously with maple mayo
- Place panko in a shallow bowl or dish then place salmon in dish, pressing down with your fingers to ensure the panko sticks.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Fish should be light pink and flaky when cut into. Serve with extra maple mayo if desired.